11 Meghan Markle Headlines From This Year That Are So Ridiculous, You Have to Laugh
Every day this year Meghan Markle was in the news for something. Most of the time, it was a pleasant story about her and Prince Harry being cute or one of her philanthropic projects or fashion moments. Every now and then, though, a report would make its way into the zeitgeist that was just…bizarre. From sister-in-law quarreling to breaking royal protocol, the rumors about Markle in 2018 were so out there you honestly have to laugh. Below, check out 11 stories from the past year that I still can't shake.
1. The rumor about her making Kate Middleton cry. People claims that this went down at a bridesmaid dress fitting for Princess Charlotte right before Markle's wedding. I find it hard to believe these two really argued over a three-year-old's dress, and the palace has publicly denied any discord between the duchesses.
2. Every time she broke "royal protocol." I swear to God, every time she wore a bateau neckline the tectonic plates on Earth shifted.
3. When she shut a car door on her own, and the whole world freaked out. Literally, all she did was shut her door. Like, that was it. My head is spinning.
4. How she reportedly exhausts her staff by sending them emails. Receiving emails from your boss? The nerve!
5. And that she's "difficult" because she wakes up early. Her "up and at ‘em west coast energy” supposedly baffled the royal staff on more than one occasion. It's good to know the palace workers are nocturnal?
6. Or because her assistant quit. Just because she left her post doesn't mean there's any beef. Uh, most people leave their jobs on amicable terms.
7. Everything Thomas Markle said or did. From the "will he or won't he attend the royal wedding" drama to every claim he makes about texting Meghan or pleading with the queen to see her, Thomas was more extra this year than Priyanka Chopra and Nick Jonas' social media strategy. And that's saying something.
8. Oh, and her half-sister too. The amount of times Samantha Markle popped up in the tabloids this year for no reason is astounding. Now she's throwing shade at Meghan and Prince Harry's Christmas card. Just get off Twitter, girl!
9. Straight hair meant she was pregnant. Of course, Kensington Palace would go on to announce Markle is expecting her first child, but the straight hair had nothing to do with it. It was a red herring (or hair-ing, you could say).
10. Air fresheners for the church during the royal wedding. Markle reportedly didn't like the "musty" smell of St. George's Chapel at Windsor Castle. Who knows if this is true, but a little Febreze never hurt anyone.
11. Annnd that she's related to a Jack the Ripper serial killer suspect. Thank u, next.
Meghan Markle's Best Maternity Fashion Moments
Meghan Markle Is Looking "Very Pregnant" Today, Is Relatable
Meghan Markle's Security Is So Intense It Reportedly Annoyed Kendall Jenner
Published at Tue, 25 Dec 2018 21:00:00 +0000